The ‘Data Protection Act’ which sets out the laws about how information is treated. The ‘Caldicott principles’ are guidelines specifically designed to ensure that UK patient data remains confidential. Now Healthcare Group have developed systems and processes to ensure that the standards set out in both documents are met or exceeded.
Who controls your information?
What information is needed and how is it used?
There are some essential pieces of information that are required to provide you with the service.
The main types of information that we handle are:
- Personal information such as your name, address, date of birth and GP details.
- Contact information, including phone number and email address.
- Your health condition and status, including medical records and medical history.
- Details of the appointments you have with our practitioners, including number of appointments, dates and times;
- Referral letters, fit notes and back-to-work certificates, where relevant.
- Details regarding the medication you require and your prescription records.
- Exemption details if you do not pay for NHS prescriptions.
- Electronic proof of your consent, so that Now Healthcare Group can request NHS prescriptions on your behalf.
- Payment details for prescription charges and postage. Please note that Now Healthcare does not store your credit/debit card details, which are instead managed by our payment handler Sagepay. You can read about Sagepay’s security credentials here: https://www.sagepay.co.uk/policies/security-policy
- Preferred delivery address information and contact details, which are provided to Royal Mail to facilitate delivery. Please note that we will never share any other information with Royal Mail.
- Location information from your phone is used to make it easier to automatically populate fields in the app prior to your consultation.
- Information such as when you accessed the service, cookie data, requests made, glitches and crashes of the app may be recorded so that we can improve the service.
We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- Arranging and conducting audio/video/text consultation(s) with you;
- Providing you with products and services you request, which may include providing your information to pharmacists, nurses, GPs and/or subcontractors of the Company where reasonably necessary;
- Evaluating and enhancing the quality of the audio/video/text consultation service, including ensuring the service provided is up to the clinical care standards;
- Performing our duties or complying with requests from the regulatory bodies, or as otherwise required by law or regulations;
- At your request or with your consent, providing it to your other healthcare practitioners and providers (e.g. for continuity of care);
- Studying the trends in use of the audio/video/text consultation function for the purposes of improving the functionality and the Services, analysing and reporting on the performance of the services internally and to relevant third parties, such as your insurance provider if the services have been made available to you under your insurance policy. We do this in an aggregate manner that will not identify any users individually; and
- Identifying cases of fraud or other relevant criminal offences, including performing identify verification checks for such purposes. In particular, we use identity verification services provided by Lexus Nexus to check your details. These are checked against multiple sources including the electoral roll and credit reference agencies.
Due to the sensitive nature of the information required to process prescriptions we do not allow for the integration and/or transfer of information to any other mobile apps on your device.
Now Healthcare Group use email, push alerts and in-app notifications to communicate. Occasionally, these communications may contain personal information. If you feel you are uncomfortable with these methods of communication please do not use this service.
If you provide Now Healthcare Group with permission, the information collected will be used to offer you carefully selected products and services that are believed to be of benefit to you. Now Healthcare Group will never share your information with any third parties for marketing, advertising or any purposes other than fulfilling your order as specified above.
Please note that Now Healthcare Group are obliged to share information as necessary to comply with any legal process within the UK.
How your data is kept secure
Now Healthcare Group use SSL encryption to transfer your information between your phone, Now Healthcare Group servers and other Now Healthcare Group companies that need to access your information. Access to this information is restricted to authorised personnel and your data will never be transferred outside of the European Economic Area. All data is encrypted at rest, meaning that all data stored on our systems have been encrypted.
Your data, your choice
If at any point you change your mind about using this service or just want to update your profile, please contact the team by emailing email@example.com Your request will be processed within three working days. Please note, that Now Healthcare Group retain your data for seven (7) years from deletion of your account in order to comply with our legal responsibilities (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
From time to time, Now Healthcare Group we may need to update these terms in order to comply with changes in legislation so suggest that you check this page periodically.
If you would like a copy of any personal information held about you, you can request this in writing to Now Healthcare Group, 1 Lowry Plaza, Salford Quays, M50 3UB. There will be an administrative charge for processing this request of £5.00.
Now Healthcare Group uses a technology called ‘Cookies’ across all of its websites in order to deliver the best possible user experience. Cookies are files that are stored on your device each time you visit a website and enables understanding of your preferences and habits.
Cookies do not contain person-identifiable information such as medical information, credit/debit card or personal contact details.
Now Healthcare Group websites are set to ‘allow cookies’ and if you browse the sites you consent to this. If you would prefer to deactivate cookies, you can do so by updating your browser settings. Please note that disabling cookies will limit the service that Now Healthcare Group can provide. For more information on how to update your settings, visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
Now Healthcare Group uses three types of cookie:
Session cookies: These enable the tracking of your movement across the websites and save information to make life easier. For instance, a session cookie might save an item to your shopping basket, without which you would be forced to order each item separately.
Persistent cookies: These enable your preferences and settings to be saved each time you visit our websites. This makes using the site faster and reduces the need to re-enter data.
Third party cookies: These enable tracking of user activity outside the websites and optimise campaigns and analytics better.